October 21, 2006

House....

some of you may wonder why I haven't been very active online the last month or so. Well, that is partly because of work, but mostly because I moved house. And now I have to both live in my new house as well as fix it up! I have no kitchen, and all the rooms need a lot of work! The worst is the kitchen, but fixing the floor in my bedrooms is a close second, followed by the window sill I need to make (and imagine that the wall is 135 years old, so it is as straight as the tower of pisa!)
Today I couldn't do much. I wanted to do the window sill but I need more wood. First I need wood to mount the sill on, then I can place the wood internal to the window sill, then I can work off the gaps on the outer sides. Its a nightmare job... I can't continue the wok in the kitchen because the plaster needs to dry, which will take about a week from now. SO friday I will put a layer of plaster sealer, then saturday I can paint the kitchen, and on sunday I can tile the kitchen. Then every evening I might be able to install one kitchen unit, so in 2 weeks from now, realistically, I will have my kitchen ready (but not the extractor fan).
Anyway, I will keep you guys posted on the progress of my house...

No comments: